Monday, March 04, 2013

Pinky (Why the game of "hard to get" should only go so far)

For Jenna



 
Pinky
With his grotesquely overconfident attitude
His effortless swagger
And his obvious good looks

Pinky
Ears pierced
Pink swim trunks on
Surrounded by others

Others who attempt to look identical to him
But cannot
Pinky is one of a kind

Pinky
Lays eyes on me
Keeps his cool
His face still in locked in a permanent smirk

Pinky
Checking me out
Not even trying to be discreet
Because he knows I'm looking his way as well

Pinky
Surprised, astounded even
Because I enjoy playing "hard to get"
And hopefully he enjoys the chase

Pinky
Well Pinky's butt
Being carried to me
By his rather large friend

Pinky
Being set down in front of me
And being commanded to talk to me
And offering

Sophie
Turning him down, in hopes she'd see him again
Where she would run up behind him
And jump on his back

Sophie
Never seeing him again
Never talking to him
Filled with regret


No comments:

Post a Comment